October 27, 2009

Recipe Courtesy: BigOven.com

Chicken Dumpling Stew

Ingredients:

1 onion, chopped in chunks

3 celery stalks, sliced (I don’t care for celery, so I left that out)

2 medium potatoes, chopped

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1″ pieces

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of potato soup

1 package frozen mixed vegetables

1 cup chicken broth

1 pepper (I didn’t use this either)

1 cup Bisquick

1/3 cup water

Directions:
Combine onion, celery, potatoes, chicken, soups, frozen mixed vegetables, broth and pepper in crock pot. Mix well. Cook on high till heated through. Cook on low 6-8 hours and then turn Crockpot to high. Mix Bisquick and water and drop by tablespoons onto hot stew. Cook on high 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

Lylah Ledner said...

Oh dear.....I MUST make that chicken and dumpling stew. My mother dear made it religiously and I've been asking her for her recipe....but, this one looks just perfect!

Blessings...Lylah